Bellissimo Coffee Advisors and The American Barista and Coffee Workshops COVID-19 Guide
Will you be holding workshops?
Yes! Starting in July, we will tentatively being holding workshops again while implementing new safety procedures. However, if the situation around COVID worsens, we may be forced to postpone. We will get in touch with you regarding any changes to our schedule or your reservation.
What safety measures are you implementing?
- All plates and cups will be cleaned and sanitized according to Oregon health codes
- All work surfaces will be disinfected at the end of each day
- Each attendee or pair will have a dedicated workstation spaced 6 feet or more apart from others
- We will ask attendees to wash their hands throughout the day. If you leave the coffee lab, please wash your hands before returning to the group
- Attendees are welcome and encouraged to wear face masks especially for the business and practice portions of the workshop
- Attendees may opt out of any exercises or demonstrations they do not feel comfortable taking part in
Additionally, if you experience any of the following symptoms before your scheduled workshop, it is extremely important that you do not attend.
- Cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing
- Chills or muscle fatigue
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- Sudden loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
If you are unable to attend, especially for a health concern, we will be able to reschedule for another workshop. Just reach out to us.
What if I can't attend or my workshop is canceled?
We are committed to providing the best specialty coffee training in the industry and we will work to reschedule each and every attendee at no additional cost. In extreme cases, refunds will also be an option.
How many people will be in the workshop?
We are placing a hard cap on our workshop attendance at 6 attendees. If you would like to bring multiple people to our workshops but there are not enough seats remaining, we will work with you to find a different date or explore custom workshops. We also caution potential long distance and international attendees to weigh the risks carefully before attending.