How to Open A Coffee Shop
5 Day Workshop
“Because You Would Never Buy A Plane And Not Take Flying Lessons”
Includes 2 days of Coffee Business Training and 3 days of Barista Basics and Barista Management Workshops.
Nov. 18-22, 2019
Dec. 9-13, 2019
Jan. 20-24, 2020
Feb. 17-21, 2020
Mar. 16-20, 2020
Our most popular package.
Take 5 days of workshops including Coffee Business, Barista Basics, and Advanced Barista Training for the best value, a $300 discounted package.
Total Cost: $2,850
Designed exclusively for:
Coffee Shop Business Owners, Investors, Managers, Baristas
Essential for all coffee professionals, new or established.
Our clients have a true passion and dedication for succeeding in specialty coffee retail. They understand the importance of investing in education as a means of improving their odds of success in the coffee industry.
Our entire business model is based around helping people succeed in the specialty coffee industry. We exist entirely to be helpful, and be there for people who need our expertise.
For free coffee resources, educational training materials, and insights from our team of experts, sign up for our email list below.
Day 1 (Monday)
- Business Plan Development
- Lease Negotiations (!)
- Cost Analysis
- Menu Development
- Sustainable Coffee Sourcing
- Layout and Design
- Breakfast and Lunch Included!
Day 2 (Tuesday)
- Core Values
- Hiring, Training, & Management
- Equipment Selection
- Equipment Maintenance
- Future Trends in the Coffee Industry
- Q&A With a Successful Coffee Business Owner
- Breakfast and Lunch Included!
Day 3 (Wednesday)
- Coffee Cupping Intro & Tasting – understand the differences in coffees from different regions
- Palate formation
- Lecture on how to use an espresso machine
- Lecture on espresso preparation and dialing in espresso grind
- Espresso grinding, dosing, and tamping techniques
- Differences between the most common drinks: Cappuccinos, Lattes, Mochas, & Macchiatos, oh my!
- Espresso Recipes. Dosage, Timing, and Weight = Proper Extraction
- Pull your first espresso shots !
Day 4 (Thursday)
- Espresso Bar Set Up
- Milk Steaming, Texture, and Pour Techniques
- Customer Service – How to answer the most common questions you’ll hear (correctly)
- Espresso troubleshooting
- Equipment cleaning, daily maintenance and care
- Cold Brew
- Pour over Coffee, French Press, and Batch Brewing
- Hands-on practice on over 8 different espresso machines! Perfect for owners who want to try various brands before deciding on a purchase for their cafe.
Day 5 (Friday)
- “Train the Trainer” Method
- How to ensure that all your baristas are equipped to make great, consistent drinks.
- Espresso Extraction Recap
- Syrups and sauces, specialty coffee recipes
- Group Dial In
- Pouring Advanced Designs
- Steaming Alternative Milks
- Signature Drinks Workshop
- Cleaning & Upkeep
- Plenty of time for practicing methods learned in Barista Basics Workshop
Introduction to Coffee Roasting
(Optional) Discounted 6th Day Add-On
Day 6 (Saturday)
- Coffee Origin and Green Bean Purchasing Lesson
- The Coffee Seed: History, Agronomy, Processing and Transportation
- Roasting Science: The Roast Curve and Chemical Reactions in Roasting
- Roast Profile Cupping
- Roasting Equipment: Roaster Mechanics, Roaster Types, Roaster Safety
- Roast! Walk through of an actual roasting process
*Full price if not included in bundle $500
Cost of Workshop includes daily breakfast and lunch, a binder with workshop materials, and a USB drive packed with resources.
Additional discounts may apply for groups of 2 or more. Call (503) 232-2222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries.
All attendees receive special discounts on Bellissimo educational books and DVDs and discounts on lodging at nearby 4 star hotels.
In addition, attendees receive exclusive access to Bellissimo Coffee Advisors Consulting Services.
Please review our Terms of Agreement before registering.
Located in the center of
The best coffee city in America
In a 2,000 square foot espresso lab.
With 9 different espresso machines.
1-on-1 attention by professional baristas.
Recent Customer Reviews
Want to pay a Deposit Only?
$500 down today reserves your space. Pay the rest later.
$500 non-refundable. Remaining balance due before workshop begins.
Prefer to pay over the phone? Call 503-232-2222