Barista Training - 1 Day advanced barista Workshop
Small group, hands-on training taught by coffee experts with one of the top coffee businesses in the Northwest. We teach from experience!
*Prerequisite is to take Wednesday/Thursday 2-Day Barista Basics Workshop prior to taking Friday Advanced Barista Workshop
Dec. 13, 2019
Jan. 24, 2020
Feb. 21, 2020
Mar. 20, 2020
Apr. 10, 2020
1-Day Advanced Barista Training. For those who are ready to take the next step with their barista skills.
Total Cost: $499
Designed exclusively for:
Baristas who have completed Bellissimo’s 2-day Barista Basics course, or demonstrated proficiency in understanding espresso extraction and milk frothing.
For coffee shop owners, the advice we always give: “It all starts with great coffee.”
*Prerequisite is Barista Basics Wednesday/Thursday Workshop
Day 1 (Wednesday)
- Coffee Cupping Intro & Tasting – understand the differences in coffees from different regions
- Palate formation
- Lecture on how to use an espresso machine
- Lecture on espresso preparation and dialing in espresso grind
- Espresso grinding, dosing, and tamping techniques
- Differences between the most common drinks: Cappuccinos, Lattes, Mochas, & Macchiatos, oh my!
- Espresso Recipes. Dosage, Timing, and Weight = Proper Extraction
- Pull your first espresso shots !
Day 2 (Thursday)
- Espresso Bar Set Up
- Milk Steaming, Texture, and Pour Techniques
- Customer Service – How to answer the most common questions you’ll hear (correctly)
- Espresso troubleshooting
- Equipment cleaning, daily maintenance and care
- Cold Brew
- Pour over Coffee, French Press, and Batch Brewing
- Plenty of time for practice on over 8 different espresso machines!
Day 3 (Friday)
- Triangulation Cupping
- Espresso Extraction Recap
- Syrups and sauces, coffee recipes
- Group Dial In
- Pouring Advanced Designs
- Steaming Alternative Milks
- Signature Drinks Workshop
- Cleaning & Upkeep
- This is the day when you really get to put your knowledge to the test, make as many cappuccinos, lattes, and macchiatos as you need to really learn how to become the best barista possible.
Our entire business model is based around helping people succeed in the specialty coffee industry. We exist entirely to be helpful, and be there for people who need our expertise.
For free coffee resources, educational training materials, and insights from our team of experts, sign up for our email list below.
Cost of Workshop includes daily breakfast and lunch, a binder with workshop materials, and a USB drive packed with resources.
Additional discounts may apply for groups of 2 or more. Call (503) 232-2222 or email email@example.com for inquiries.
All attendees receive special discounts on Bellissimo educational books and DVDs and discounts on lodging at nearby 4 star hotels.
In addition, attendees receive exclusive access to Bellissimo Coffee Advisors Consulting Services.
Please review our Terms of Agreement before registering.
Advanced Barista Training? You’ve got to take Barista Basics first.
Click the button below to add Wednesday and Thursday to your cart