Barista Training - 2 Day Barista Basics Workshop
Small group, hands-on training taught by coffee experts who run their own successful cafes and roasting companies. We teach from experience!
Mar. 18-19, 2020
Apr. 8-9, 2020
May 20-21, 2020
June 15-16, 2020
July 20-24, 2020
2-Day Barista Basics training. Learn everything from a-z to make the best coffee possible.
Total Cost: $1,249
Designed exclusively for:
Coffee Shop Business Owners, Aspiring Baristas Novice & Intermediate, Managers, Trainers
Essential for all coffee professionals, new or established.
Our clients have a true passion and dedication for succeeding in specialty coffee retail. They understand the importance of investing in education as a means of improving their odds of success in the coffee industry.
Day 1 (Wednesday)
- Coffee Cupping Intro & Tasting – understand the differences in coffees from different regions
- Palate formation
- Lecture on how to use an espresso machine
- Lecture on espresso preparation and dialing in espresso grind
- Espresso grinding, dosing, and tamping techniques
- Differences between the most common drinks: Cappuccinos, Lattes, Mochas, & Macchiatos, oh my!
- Espresso Recipes. Dosage, Timing, and Weight = Proper Extraction
- Pull your first espresso shots !
Day 2 (Thursday)
- Espresso Bar Set Up
- Milk Steaming, Texture, and Pour Techniques
- Customer Service – How to answer the most common questions you’ll hear (correctly)
- Espresso troubleshooting
- Equipment cleaning, daily maintenance and care
- Cold Brew
- Pour over Coffee, French Press, and Batch Brewing
- Plenty of time for practice on over 8 different espresso machines!
Day 3 (Friday)
- Espresso Extraction Recap
- Syrups and sauces, coffee recipes
- Group Dial In
- Pouring Advanced Designs
- Steaming Alternative Milks
- Signature Drinks Workshop
- Cleaning & Upkeep
- This is the day when you really get to put your knowledge to the test, make as many cappuccinos, lattes, and macchiatos as you need to really learn how to become the best barista possible.
for 3 day experience, you must have each “2 Day Barista” (top of page) and “1 day Advanced Barista” in cart at checkout.
Our entire business model is based around helping people succeed in the specialty coffee industry. We exist entirely to be helpful, and be there for people who need our expertise.
For free coffee resources, educational training materials, and insights from our team of experts, sign up for our email list below.
Cost of Workshop includes daily breakfast and lunch, a binder with workshop materials, and a USB drive packed with resources.
Additional discounts may apply for groups of 2 or more. Call (503) 232-2222 or email email@example.com for inquiries.
All attendees receive special discounts on Bellissimo educational books and DVDs and discounts on lodging at nearby 4 star hotels.
In addition, attendees receive exclusive access to Bellissimo Coffee Advisors Consulting Services.
Please review our Terms of Agreement before registering.
Located in the center of
The best coffee city in America
In a 2,000 square foot Espresso Lab.
With 9 different espresso machines.
1-on-1 attention by professional barista trainers.
Recent Customer Reviews
Opening a Coffee Business?
We highly recommend taking our 5-day bundle. 2 days of Coffee Business Training + 3 days of Barista and Advanced Barista skills.
5-day workshops for discounted price of $3,100!